The Case for Critical Asset Monitoring
- The vast majority of critical assets in the field today are greater than 25 years old.
- Less than 5% of installed critical assets have continuous monitoring integrated.
- Temperature is the leading indicator of critical asset failure.
- Critical asset failure is one of the leading causes of power outages.
- The average cost of critical asset failure is greater than $500K per event.
- The ROI for implementing continuous switchgear monitoring is less than 12 months.
- Critical asset failure often involves injury to humans, and is known to cause deaths.
Critical Assets include switchgear, transformers, RMU’s, LV Distribution Panels, Bus Ducts (poly-phase & uni-phase), Motor Controllers, etc.